Sunday, September 25, 2005

Editorial Freedom? Rubbish!

In trying to hold a coherent thought pattern, I went into mental arrest. First of all, I realized that my hit count went up by a factor of 650% because of a little article I wrote on the fabulously ridiculous Smart forfour. Then I realized that not everyone actually got the gist of what I'm trying to say. I'm still unsure whether this just proves that I'm ultimately a rubbish writer, or that you're all rubbish readers. I'd like to think it's the latter. The absolute funniest thing about it all is that whenever I form an opinion, people generally go into overdrive and force their opinions down my throat like fellatio. While this has been largely done away since most people know what it is that I do now, I still can't help but feel that Malaysians in general simply do not appreciate a radical opinion. Perhaps someone over at DaimlerChrysler will read my article, cry foul, and I'll never be able to obtain another review car from them ever again. Malaysians, especially advertisers have to realize, that despite the way the industry runs or the fact that there is simply no real editorial integrity left anymore in the country, that there are a lot of people who really do want honest opinions. The ability to speak or type does not make one intelligent, and if our thoughts and opinions cannot hold any weight, then what is the point of it all? Of course, what am I saying, because at the end of the day, I'm a hypocrite myself. I also bend when faced with advertising pressure, and I too reserve words when the occasion calls for it. However, I'd like to think that I am not entirely without a backbone; when something is truly bad, I still make the effort to call the reader's notice to it, I do not mince my words in front of distributors, and regardless of what is going on in behind the curtains, there is no excuse for a poor product. FYI, this is a generic rant. Smart, don't take any of this personally, and BMW, I'd be willing to take the 116i at this point. Or at the very least, let me write an e-mail to Bangle, thanking him for the genius that is the E60.
|

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your blog.

Do you have an interest in laser hair removal san diego ? If so, I have a laser hair removal san diego site.

I'd love to have you visit and let me know what you think.

9/25/2005 11:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm getting scared to post with all this Spam I see. I'm simply looking for ideas for my site called,Viet Nam War in Pictures , which covers areas like geneva accords. If you surf by please feel free to leave a comment. BTW, I'm not selling anything. ---Jack---

9/25/2005 11:19:00 PM  
Blogger Enlargement said...

Interesting blog you have here, I landed here on accident. I was searching for something else and came across your site. I found it pretty interesting and entertaining. I got you book marked.

I will pop back in from time to time to see what you have new here.

My site is a bit different than yours, but just as entertaining and educational, I run a laser hair removal wi related site pertaining to laser hair removal wi related articles.

10/02/2005 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger Frank said...

I am so glad I found your blog! Great Hair Removal information!

I have a site about Hair Removal

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Keep up the good work! I look forward to reading more information on your Hair Removal blog

10/03/2005 06:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

used saab car is another used saab car place to check out.

10/26/2005 11:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home